I've been tagged by Vivian to reveal seven random things about myself. Thanks Viv. I think you know the rules by now.
7 Random Things About Me
1. When I was 12 or 13, my friends, brother and I attempted to build the biggest snowman ever constructed in the history of the world. When we realized there was no way we could lift the second giant snowball on top of the first, there was only one thing to do with the two mammoth snowballs that sat side by side on my front lawn. Make a giant snow penis! Yes, there's even a photo floating around somewhere of me proudly standing behind the huge white genitalia. Frickin' delinquent.
2. I worked in a large fancy hotel when in high school and when home from college on summer break. I delivered room service to Joan Rivers and some other semi-celebrities not even worth mentioning. I think she ordered the strip steak. She didn't tip well. I also got a nod from Hillary Clinton one night when secret service ushered her in through the kitchen and right passed me. I remember thinking her skin looked terrible up close. But I always preferred when the hot Virgin Atlantic stewardesses were in town. "Are you sure you didn't order the strawberries in whipped cream?"
3. For the longest time, I thought the logo of the United States Postal Service was an odd little cartoon guy with a huge pointy nose. Sort of like Ziggy. I remember seeing the logo of the little troll-like guy on the side of the mailman's truck in the 70s, never questioning why he stood for "the mail." One day, I think when a freshman in college, I looked at it from another angle. "Oh! It's an eagle!"
4. I once tried out for a reality show. I went up to NYC with my guitar and auditioned for Rock Star: INXS. I was doing fine with my nerves when two of the guys from INXS decide to walk in the door just as I took the stage. Crap!
5. My college roommate and best friend used to ask for my advice regarding the girl he was seeing. I gave him advice but secretly wished for the relationship to end. That girl became my wife.
6. I have a scar on the inside of my right wrist. You can see four prong marks from the fork my brother whipped at me from across the room when we were kids. 20 years later, I still have numbness on the inside of two of my fingers and if someone grabs my wrist in that spot, I feel a sharp surge from the nerve damage. Nice.
7. I can listen to audio of footsteps on hard floor for hours. I'm a sucker for songs that include "real-life" sounds like doors opening and closing, liquids being poured into a glass, etc. Don't know why. Just love it.
I tag anyone who hasn't been tagged yet.