Friday, November 09, 2007

Addicted. Happy D-Blog Day!

I was only looking for an easy way to distribute my JDRF fundraising letter to friends and family when I stumbled across Blogger. I wasn't looking for a support group. I wasn't looking for a life-changing moment.

I came across Sandra's A Shot in the Dark and was immediately riveted by her posts. I was captivated by struggles so painfully similar to my own. I read each post so closely, I practically crawled into my computer screen. She was the first one to welcome me to the online diabetes community just over a year ago. And then I discovered the goldmine that is all of you.

A crystal ball that showed me what Charlie could be at age 15, at 27, at 45. No doctor, or diabetes specialiast, or book can give me what you've given me.

I've become addicted to your lives, addicted to your wisdom, addicted to your humor, addicted to your strength and addicted to the support you continue to give me. It's not at all easy having a child with diabetes. Thank you for making it a little bit easier.

Carey

11 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

Carey - We are definitely glad you found your way here. You mean a lot to this community and we look forward to more of you and your family sharing this journey with us.
Viv

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Carey-

I'm glad you found my blog-- and by extension, this amazing community.

You've written some of the most heartbreakingly funny posts I've come across.

We're all lucky to have you here.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Delurking.

I'm glad you found this community, as I am now "addicted" to your blogabetes posts. Thank you for giving us your diabetes point of view.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Nicole P said...

Oh, Carey.

Might as well face it you're addicted to us...

And we're addicted to you too. Everytime I log in to Blogabetes, I wonder, "What craziness will Carey have come up with today?" And I am never, ever disappointed.

Thanks so much for your perpsective - and for being such a great "invis-friend."

N

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You should check my history on my internet explorer sometiime, it could look like im stalking you or something. Or i could have just said i read your blog lots too;)
You have an uncanny way of illustrating how you/we feel with your posts. I wonder if we met in real life you would have to bring a pen and paper to talk to me?
I will go test my blood sugar cuz that didnt make sense...but i think you get the jist!
Good times my friend.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do in the evening if I didn't have diabetes. I am totally addicted to our blogs and forums.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Christine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Happy D-Blog Day!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

delurking a little late.

Thank you for your blog and your kind words. We are lucky to have you.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm happy you found us. Laughter is the best medicine and you're the doctor who writes the prescriptions.

OMFG...that was my jetlag talking.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

Carey, You have been tagged. Check out my blog for the directions.

Vivian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home