Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On the Eve of the Veto

I'd like to say thanks again to Mr. Bush. You're making the right call.

You're absolutely right. The trash is the best place for the massive surplus of human embryos. Why all the hype in possible cures for juvenile diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's anyway? Seems a bit much.

I say, don't mess with success. We've been tossing hundreds of thousands of embryos in the garbage since the late 70s. Why stop now? Embryos are flushed down sink drains at in-vitro fertilization clinics while still alive. Others are incinerated while still alive. Other clinics decide it's best to expose the embryos to the air and let them just die over a four-day period. I say leave 'em be. It's a winning strategy.

Anything else would be, well, unethical.

12 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Let's just hope the House and Senate override the veto.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Chops said...

A year and a half can not go fast enough.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger If not a mother... said...

I hope the next thing he smells is an override on that stupid veto.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

It seems to me Carey that we are Brothers from Different Sarcastic Mothers.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Carey said...

Chris,

Ha! I can't help myself. I'm a sarcastic bastard.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Bonnie said...

Chris,

Watch it!! (haha)

Carey's Mother

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I loathe and despise that man with every fibre of my being. He is a fuckwit with a capital Fuh.


Shannon - I doubt they will. They're all a bunch of lily-livered cowards.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Julia,
There's not enough for 2/3 vote from the Dems anyway, so my point was....pointless.

Plus, I heard Brad and Angelina planned to adopt the embryos all along, so it was a lost cause to begin with.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Chris said...

mom (bonnie)...I will go to my room now ;)

I see Carey had to get his humor from somewhere/one...you just answered all of my questions.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

According to TIME magazine, Bloomberg and Ahnold are about to force DC's hand and start solving all our problems. California bascially told the pres. to F-off...we're pouring money into stem cell anyway. It'll happen for the whole US soon enough...hang in there.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I may be a close cousin in that Sarcasm Family.

And that is wicked cool that your mom reads your blog. (No sarcasm there.)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Kerri,

You can join our family any time.

Thanks for calling me "wicked cool"
I like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home