Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Company Picnic

The ferry ride from Jersey City to Randall's Island



Creepy statue fountain women with water spurting from their fingertips

Surely one of the kids would have nightmares later that night


That is, if rock man doesn't beat them to it. He was actually very cool.
He would stand motionless for a while and then he suddenly started to
walk VERY slowly. Charlie tried to engage him, but he wasn't much of a conversationalist

Triceratops, on the other hand, waddled over with much to say

As did the plant from Little Shop of Horrors


Maeve, statue woman and tents with steel drums and exotic birds

With a gazillion kids running around the pirate ship, it was tough
setting up this shot. I looked down at my camera for a moment,
looked back up and Jack Sparrow was holding Maeve and a little
blonde-haired boy. I shouted to Jack, "That's not my son!"

You may be wondering why there's no pictures of the baby.
I know, you never leave a man behind, but .... let's just keep
the picnic our little secret. Ben sat this one out at home where
temper tantrums are more accepted

A slight drizzle as we made our way home

6 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

That rock guy is creepy. O saw the silver guy that haunts the subway platforms in NYC a few years ago - she thought he was terrifying.

Mmmm, Jack Sparrow.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carey,

I am new to your blog and just wanted to say thank you. My son Evin was diagnosed with type 1 in late February of this year. After doing lots of research on the Internet, I found Diabetes Mine which led me to the OC and then to all the great blogs out there. But your blog brought me the most comfort. My son’s diabetes has been so out of control and it has been hard on all of us – and made me feel so inadequate. Reading about other families going through the same thing has really, really helped. In fact, I decided to start a blog myself! Thanks for sharing your story.

Your pictures from them company picnic are very cool. My boys would really like the rock man (or not…you just never know sometimes with kids :)

Kelli

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Oh Carey, I see there's a classic symptom of 3rd Child Syndrome here....being left behind, LOL.

I'm sure you have a disproprtionate amount of pictures and videos that decrease with each child also.

I have a feeling that Jacob will demand a reason for why Brendon and Jessica have volumes of video and boxes of pictures, while Jake is maybe in one or two videos and a handful of pictures.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Looks like an awesome place to be. I have always wanted to visit the eastern states. So populated yet somewhat natural. And lots going on.
I have said this many times before and will say it again...your children are adorable.
I am sure Ben looked adorable too taking his tantrum.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeay! A picture of Susanne!

This is a FUN picnic! As Charlie Brown would say, at our job "we got a rock." And not a rock man, either.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Man, could your kids be any cuter? I don't think so.

It looks like you guys had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home