Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas - Half Good is Pretty Good

On Christmas eve, my daughter Maeve surmised that Santa would still make a stop at our house even though she has, in her opinion, only been "half good."
"Half good is pretty good," she said optimistically.
She was a better girl than she thought.

Charlie commits high treason when putting on a New York Rangers hockey shirt in a New Jersey Devils household. My own son. A turncoat. My own flesh and blood. A Rangers fan. A gift, of course, from his New York born and raised uncle. That son of a bitch. My Devils never stood a chance. Rangers are blue and Charlie believes they are some sort of Power Rangers affiliate.



And Ben? Well, Ben ate soap.



After Christmas Eve dinner, we took a short walk into town and checked out the Nativity scene at a nearby church. Yep, that's a real camel, wondering how the hell he ended up in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Though he doesn't look like he's all that worked up over it.


Daddy was a cookie monster, merrily stuffing my belly with my wife's amazing desserts.


Our family had a wonderful Christmas. Charlie's blood sugar trended low over the weekend (few 50s and 60s), but he was good about telling us before it became a problem.

Happy New Year to you all.


9 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Great pics Carey! Looks like you all had a great holiday!

I was laughing out loud a few times through your post - great stuff man!!

Take care!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

What a beautiful family you have, Carey. Ben eating soap made me laugh out loud. :)

Happy New Year to you, too!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am cracking up "ben ate soap." Nice pictures of the kids, and those cookies look great! I, personally, am off "the sauce" (cookies) now, since I finally gave up and let that cold that's been chasing me finally catch me!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome pictures! I love the ben eating soap thing, so cute!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger whatnext said...

hmmm. it must have something to do with the name. my son, Ben, now 25, also could often be seen eating the soap in his youth. as well as grass, the insides of light sticks, candle wax, dog food, dust bunnies, artificial snow, pennies........

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Great pictures! Soap is OK, but I prefer Mexican Wedding cookies, lol.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger In Search Of Balance said...

Mmmm, soap. Great post. :)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Wonderful photos, Carey! Ben eating soap just slayed me.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Sandra

p.s. I must thank you for your part in my favorite Christmas gift.

You see, I raved about -- then showed Ryan -- that video you posted of Rodrigo y Gabriela...
Guess what I'm listening to right now?

:-)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Chops said...

Love the picture fest. Who gave Charlie that horrible gift? What the heck are they thinking? Did you burn it yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home